THIS CURIOSITY OF MINE... poem



There is a brook beyond the yard and beyond the yard I must never stray 

I long to rake my fingers through her cherub little waves. Dip my toes and get lost in a cleansing interstellar daze 

How foolish, to thirst for a tiny creek when I have hills and fields I could explore for years. However, I find no satisfaction in overturning stones I am expected to overturn. 

I want to lift the mountains hidden behind the backdrop sky, snatch up the slimy things scurrying beneath them, and feed the birds singing by 

More than anything I want to lap at the stream beyond the yard and feel the warmth of an honest sun on the back of my neck. 

I hunger for something more than these fields and hills in this shadow land. And that is what makes me a strange man. 


Benjamin Derr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOUR WIFE'S REAL DUTY

SENSUALITY AND LOVE