MY WAR...


I see the shadow, I know its my enemy;
He seems to know all my moves and can read my energy;
I feel pains with every pierce I make on him;
I am my enemy, it just dawned that I am fighting me;


I am in hell with no flames;
I’m catching cold;
I am drinking from an empty chalice;
I’m getting drunk;

Life hit me, reality bit me everyday;
I lost my mind, its out there stranded;
I’m on a cross, I’m nailed and deserted;
My addictions, my curse, it now a mindset;

I’m asked if its half empty or half filled;
I chose to gulp it;
My life wandered off, I’d need a new life to find it;
Imagine when need a wheel to invent a wheel;

I am dead and drained, but walk alive;
I tricked my heart to beat, next it’d make me fly;
I looked into a mirror and lo I saw a ghost;
I broke it, replaced it with a board and painted a god;

I want to Iive and give;
But I am sniffed and beefed;
They have me shaved and slaved;
And I am Bled and drained;

I’m dead, I’m caved;
They sealed and left;
In the silent dark;
Something cleft, something sparked;

It will only end when you call it quit;
A little spark can turn to blaze and its always quick;
There is always a way even in the end;
It may not be a close, if you’re close, you’d see a bend;

I’ll focus all my energy until it makes a burn;
I’ll keep trying even if it seeps my blood;
I’ll keep fanning even when I’m out of flames;
Giving up is me crossing off my name;

(We all started life like little kids with innocence, later we grew into a lot of passions and addictions that erode us of our innocence, now we find peace trying to trace our steps back to the beginning, but life wont make this and easy ordeal, this is the war we have to wage on ourselves and win if we hope to live, because everybody dies but not everybody lives)

Originally composed by Ubong Udotai, edited by Elizabeth Essien

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love...

YOUR WIFE'S REAL DUTY