TRANSITION INTO THE REAL LIFE


When I was in college, the school created a schedule for me, I had lectures, tests, lab practicals and examinations at particular times. I graduated, I felt I was led so all I had todo was to be a good follower. I had my goals, which of course was to graduate with a great grade, a grade that was under the schools grading system.


Now, everything is different. I have to build a new set of goals; with a wider spectrum of concern, I have to worry about relationships with the marital institution in view, I have to worry about making millions with future needs in view, I have to worry about building the kind of personality I would need to grow in life and raise the kind of children I’d like to have.



I am now a man of my own, there are no educational environment to create my schedule and tell me when to graduate, there are no lecturers shouting down on me to read up books, there are no colleagues given to me, and worst of all is the myriad of books that lay claim to bearing the right motivation for success.

This makes me feel like we never truly want the kind of freedom we always think we need. Back in school I always wish I was free, now this i’ve got it, it seems I am missing the tutors, lecturers and the system all of a sudden.

The real life is here to stay. Making the transition successfully takes energy and a burning passion to live and not merely to survive or worst of all, to exist. Here our imaginations are open to dream big, we are inundated with challenges and problems, yet one thing is constant, from the cobblers in the streets to the Billionaires in Wall Street, everybody wants to grow bigger!

We can grow bigger, we cannot grow bigger. What works for you depends on the side you’ve chosen. Hard work, a lot of sacrifice and the doggedness to continue have been said to be the hallmark of success. How these nuggets apply to us individually is what motivational books have not really satisfied because its a mistake to require everyone to live by the same set of principles.

We have to design our own paths to success. Its a great thing to read books, but we have to write the one that will work for us. We have to live our lives and ‘mind’ or better put, 'take care’ of our business. For me being conscious of the choices I make and always trying to do what needs to be done keeps the paces active.


Please leave a comment on your views about this article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOUR WIFE'S REAL DUTY